Full-Time Regional Underwriter, Calgary
Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit: https://www.hsb.ca.
This position provides timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our brokers and reinsurance companies within our underwriting guidelines. The position demonstrates functional technical knowledge of relevant underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques, to include; coverage issues, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place.
- Provide quality service to brokers and clients by responding to underwriting and service requests,
- Liaising with Business Development Representatives, Managers and employees to ensure quality and accuracy of documents.
- Identifies and assesses risks and exposures, determines premium, policy terms and conditions, obtains approvals, creates and presents proposals to business partners, and successfully negotiates deals
- Promote teamwork through strong collaboration to meet organizational efficiency standards and act as an ambassador for colleagues in operational efficiency and best practices
- Responsible for underwriting renewals and new accounts within Company guidelines,
- Attend industry events as a Company representative.
- University degree or college diploma.
- Knowledge of the P&C industry, underwriting concepts, practices, procedures, and techniques, including but not limited to coverage issues, product lines, pricing, risk selection, actuarial concepts, and reinsurance.
- Excellent verbal communication skills & a strong commitment to professionalism.
- Marketing/sales experience will be preferred.
- Strong analytical skills & team Player.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- 2 years minimum related work experience in Commercial Insurance.
- Completion of CIP designation or enrollment in CIP program with the expectation of program completion.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference RUC0823-BW and follow the link to apply: Apply here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
217 total views, 1 today