Full-Time Regional Underwriter
Regional Underwriter, Commercial Property & Casualty
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
This role reports to the Manager, Commercial Underwriting and contributes to the Regional Underwriting Operations team by assessing, accepting, and declining new business submissions.
- You’ll assess, accept, and decline new business submissions
- You’ll re-underwrite and negotiate renewals, and policy endorsements
- You’ll negotiate the terms and conditions of risk acceptance with brokers in writing, by telephone, electronic mail or in person
- You’ll develop and maintain positive broker relations
- You’ll participate in production calls on brokerage offices, as required
- You’ll accompany brokers on field underwriting of accounts, as required
- You’ll provide technical support to brokers
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year diploma from a publicly recognized and funded college or a completed CIP designation
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting
- Experience underwriting complex property & liability accounts
- Strong analytical skills; able to quickly interpret data, information, reports and come to a decision
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders
- Excellent existing broker relationships and the proven ability to create and nurture new relationships
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to
How to ApplyClick the link here to apply online: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ECONOMICALINSURANCE&cws=1&rid=12540
333 total views, 1 today