Temporary Property Claims Telephone Adjuster – Temporary
Peace Hills Insurance is a growing Canadian insurance company specializing in property and casualty insurance. We have approximately 200 employees with branch offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service available. Peace Hills Insurance prides itself on being a flexible, positive, and rewarding place to work.
Company culture is what sets aside Peace Hills Insurance from our competitors. Our personality is reflected in our mission statement, corporate values and business ethics and is further exercised through the architecture of our office. Visit www.peacehillsinsurance.com.
PROPERTY CLAIMS TELEPHONE ADJUSTER – 1 YEAR
We currently have one full-time, temporary positions available for a Property Telephone Adjuster in our Edmonton Claims department. Based out of our Edmonton office, the successful candidate will evaluate, negotiate, and settle claims arising under personal lines, farm, and commercial policies. The Property Telephone Adjuster handles claims in the four western provinces, as well as the three northern territories. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is starting their career as an adjuster or someone that is looking to shift their career to a different direction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and assess information to make coverage determinations;
- Explain coverage and claims process to insureds and claimants;
- Determine liability and look for opportunities to subrogate;
- Investigate losses, collect and review documents and other relevant information;
- Set, evaluate, and maintain appropriate reserves;
- Retain and / or coordinate the retention of appropriate external resources;
- Oversee, monitor and control costs associated with external resources;
- Verify accounts and issue payment on a timely basis;
- Use a file diary system to proactively move file forward;
- Identify red flags and liaise with Special Investigations Unit;
- Communicate with brokers and underwriters;
- Fully document claim file in a clear and concise manner;
- Various other duties as required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an insurance customer service environment supplemented with post-secondary education and/or working toward a CIP or FCIP designation;
- Ability to negotiate and critically analyze information and be decisive;
- Candidates who possess knowledge of property insurance are preferred;
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Working at Peace Hills:
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Ensuring an appropriate work/life balance and a collegial and supportive office environment are just a couple of ways we do this.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
227 total views, 6 today