Full-Time Property & Casualty Underwriter
Are you eager to contribute to a growing company? Does the idea of working in a fast-paced and globally connected business excite you? Are you ready to leverage your existing experience and take your skills to the next level?
Join Burns & Wilcox Canada as a Property & Casualty Underwriter in our Toronto office. We are looking for a driven, results-oriented, team-player to join our dynamic company. This is a great opportunity to work alongside industry experts, develop client relationships, and grow a career and a book of business to support our ambitious growth goals.
- Underwrite new and renewal business for insurance company partners based on underwriting authority and contract guidelines
- Underwrite multi-line accounts for multiple classes of business
- Produce business in assigned territories
- Access the breadth of products and markets at Burns & Wilcox
- Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Apply appropriate quality underwriting and risk selection on quoted business
- Develop and submit underwriting referrals, where required, to Burns & Wilcox management
- Assist in product development efforts
- Mentor and train Assistant Underwriters, as needed
- Enter computer data of quotations, binders, and related support documents
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of multi-line underwriting experience, MGA experience preferred
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
- Insurance license; CIP, CRM, FCIP or comparable designations preferred
- Competitive base compensation & highly lucrative sales incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits, Group RRSP
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
How to ApplyTo apply, navigate to the posting on our Kaufman Careers page here: https://internal-kaufmanfinancialgroup.icims.com/jobs/3202/property-%2526-casualty-underwriter/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=783&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240 Select "Apply for this job online" in the top right corner. We look forward to reviewing your application. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
40 total views, 6 today