Full-Time Property and Casualty Underwriter – Downtown
Insurance Career Network: Insurance Recruiters
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
Underwriter, Property and Casualty
Reporting to the AVP, Underwriting the successful candidate will be responsible to produce and underwrite new business (Commercial Standard Lines) in an effort to maximize underwriting profitability. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Production of new business and maintenance of renewal book of business. Includes risk analysis, pricing, negotiating, setting terms, and referrals to management as necessary. Submitting, negotiating and binding reinsurance when required in writing.
- Review claim reports and provides underwriting action if required.
- Portfolio management of existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention.
- Develop and manage relationships with assigned group of brokers. Complete sales calls and develop plans as per goals set each year.
- Perform Underwriting audits, as required.
- University degree, combined with CIP designation (or progress towards completion), 3 – 5 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience;
- Familiarity with the Ontario market as well as prior Construction and Manufacturing experience is considered an asset.
- Strong marketing skills to ensure profitable growth of a book of business.
- Must have familiarity with the brokers in the community and expertise and knowledge of distribution and the competitive market environment.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, making sound underwriting decisions with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity. We thank all applicants however only those being considered will be contacted.
248 total views, 3 today