Full-Time Property and Casualty Commercial Underwriter
Property and Casualty Commercial Underwriter
Comma Recruitment are looking for a P&C Underwriter to provide technical underwriting expertise for mid-market property/casualty and automobile lines while helping to grow the book of business.
You will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating results for your portfolio and use individual or collaborative judgment to ensure that profit and growth goals are met.
• While working in a team environment, provide exceptional service to your assigned brokers in accordance to service standards with respect to the renewal portfolio, endorsements, cancellations, certificates etc.
• Mentor junior underwriting staff aiding in their career development
• Assist with training and coaching of other staff as required
• Perform peer quality control audits and validate adherence to corporate guidelines
• Build strong inter-department relationships that encourage our corporate culture
• Communicate results, outstanding issues, industry trends and business opportunities to the Commercial Management team
• Record underwriting information for the purpose of evaluation, assessment, audit and profitability
Comma Recruitment are looking for an in-depth technical knowledge and experience working in both property/casualty and automobile lines.
• Exceptional knowledge of underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies in a commercial environment
• Extensive knowledge of commercial rates and pricing to effectively underwrite and attract target business
• Possess strong team building, coaching and leadership skills
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Computer skills that enable independent management of a variety of programs
• Superior customer service and business acumen
• Leadership skills that include instinctive coaching and mentorship
• University / College degree
• CIP designation
• CRM, FCIP is an asset
• Minimum 5 years of Commercial underwriting experience
How to ApplyPlease forward resume to email@example.com
478 total views, 2 today