Full-Time Project Manager
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Manager of Business Transformation
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. We treat our employees like family members – we will be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we are wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Manager is responsible for executing on project management and process improvement initiatives for RRM. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with all layers of the organization (including leadership), working with third party vendors, when necessary, project planning and execution for internal RRM projects, project status reporting via dashboards or other means, process improvements and adherence to project governance standards. The maintenance of certain aspects of a project budget is also a responsibility of the Project Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure all project documentation is created, reviewed, and maintained to industry standards.
- Leads a team through the project life cycle by planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking a project plan
- Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Prepare & present reports for clients and internal management regarding project status and escalate as needed
- Maintain project budget by setting expectations with team and client on budget availability, raise your hand when the budget is at risk and proactively propose next steps to manage budget risk.
- Manage and coordinate priorities, project plans and terms of reference/project charters for corporate initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams for scheduling meetings, project execution and determining requirements
- Facilitate business, IT and functional requirements definition, translate project goals, scope of work, budget, timelines and priority of tasks and communicate to the organization
- Set meetings and communication cadence with the team – schedule regular touchpoints with the team and work with the Communications manager / CM lead to tailor communication and training initiatives.
- Ensure that the team understands the tasks associated with the project, when they need to be accomplished, and level of effort.
- Proactively identify roadblocks and risks and develop risk mitigation plan.
- Provide regular status of projects and address issues/concerns when appropriate. Review progress and report on outcome of all initiatives, including post implementation reviews.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post Secondary degree in a related field preferred
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is required.
- LEAN or OCM certification/designation is considered an asset.
- Proven Experience managing multiple projects at one time.
- Insurance experience is considered an asset.
- Experience leading or participating in business process re-engineering (BPR) or requirements gathering activities is a plus.
- Deep understanding of project management methods and processes with the ability to apply them to projects.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment of delivering programs/projects under demanding timelines.
- Decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presenter and facilitator skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, planning and task prioritization ability
- Strong analysis, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Strong relationship building and team skills with the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of people across the organization.
- A high degree of personal ethics, integrity, and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues and safeguard confidential information.
How to ApplyApply online at: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/redrivermutual/Posting/View/674 We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting email@example.com or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).
230 total views, 1 today