Full-Time Programs Analyst
Markel Canada Limited is an insurance company established in 1966, with Canadian offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. We pride ourselves on being a leader in liability with sector specialties. Our educated underwriters work with clients to offer optimal risk management solutions, and our dedicated claims team ensure each claim is handled promptly, professionally and fairly.
Your success is our success — that’s the Markel Style.
Our parent company, Markel International, is a subsidiary of Markel Corporation, a US-based holding company for insurance and investment operations around the world.
The Programs Team focuses on offering our broker and MGA partners various alternatives to placing business through a traditional high touch process by offering efficient solutions whether it be through on-line offerings, delegated authority contracts or other solutions. The Programs Analyst role is a key part of supporting these initiatives.
Duties and accountabilities
- Document issuance – renewal letters, binders, renewal documentation and mid-term endorsements
- Paperless file management – ensuring all relevant data and UW information saved to the system
- Assist with the maintenance of the portal broker database
- Bordereau management assistance
- Entering bordereau accounts into the system
- Organizing data on bordereaux
- Adding missing information where required – FUS Codes, CRESTA zones, etc
- Bordereaux analysis for portfolio breakdown, tracking aggregates, etc.
- Initial reviews for authority breaches (limits, deductibles, red flags for classes of business, etc)
- Creation of monthly reports for premium and profitability, as well as Portal usage
- Accounting / finance issues – research into discrepancies
- Testing of new portal and system
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education or relevant experience
- Highly detail oriented and ability to prioritize
- Sound and proven problem solving skills
- Bilingualism (Fr/Eng) an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient computer skills
- Team player approach in a changing environment
- Working toward completion of CIP an asset
Pursuit of excellence
- Consistently provides quality work products
- Adapts behaviour to reflect the style of others to foster effective working relationships
- Finds the most efficient and practical means of overcoming challenges
- Actively looks for solutions to customer problems
- Seeks to further knowledge of customer needs
- Builds relationships with customers and responds to needs by demonstrating tact, empathy and professionalism
- Seeks the best and most direct option to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrates effective organisation skills
- Applies logic and draws accurate conclusions from information
- Helps others succeed
- Approaches change in a positive manner
- Listens for and acts on key information
- Holds self and others accountable to ethical standards
- Takes ownership and accountability for own development
- Shows accountability and resilience in achieving goals
How to ApplyMarkel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you. Interested applicants may apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Markel Canada is committed to a barrier free work environment and to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Company will work with all potential candidates during the screening and interview process to meet any specific needs.
387 total views, 2 today