Full-Time Professional Lines Underwriter
Job Title: Professional Lines Underwriter (Associate)
Division: AXIS Insurance, Canada
Job Location: Toronto, ON
- Specializing in D&O Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and other executive protection insurance products
- The Underwriter in this role will act within established guidelines, market, analyze, review, evaluate and monitor new and renewal accounts of all programs, exercise independent judgment in the processing of accounts and manage underwriting activities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prospects new business targets and opportunities and develops strategies to procure new business
- Manages personal book of business with regard to new lines, renewals, and cross-marketing of product lines within AXIS
- Meets established divisional servicing objectives related to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, renewal management, file maintenance, and documentation
- Analyze and underwrite individual risks. Develop appropriate limit structure, retention, pricing and endorsements within underwriting guidelines. Refer to supervisor for approval.
- Perform all necessary travel as required for marketing calls as well as client meetings.
- Continue to develop and update product and underwriting knowledge.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2-5 years underwriting experience.
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong basis of financial analysis.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong marketing abilities.
- Ability to develop relationships with brokers in the area.
7989 total views, 1 today