Full-Time Product Manager
Echelon Insurance was founded in 1998, and became a member of the CAA Club Group family in 2019. As a leading specialty insurer, Echelon works closely with our broker partners to provide Personal and Commercial insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses.
Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who We Are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates’ career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
We work hard and play hard. We’re about doing what’s right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do:
We are on the search for a newly created position of Product Manager. Reporting to the Vice President, the successful candidate will provide expertise and leadership for all new and existing insurance product development. The Product Manager will contribute to the development of corporate strategy and future planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain relevant products to achieve business objectives, support profitable growth and strategic plans while ensuring relevance to Canadian insurance market and compliance with provincial and national regulations
- Manage major tactical initiatives by collaborating with Business Solutions, Marketing and Underwriting
- Establish fact-based gap analysis based on market opportunities to support product development & change
- Collaborate with Actuarial to establish pricing benchmarking, positioning and implement segmentation strategies
- Optimize product and pricing decisions through the use of analytics, competitive intelligence and market research
- Build and maintain a solid understanding of competitive landscape, representing an expert level of knowledge on the organizations position to its competitors, at territorial, provincial and national levels
- Participate in industry events, discussion groups and trade associations to seek insight
- Forecast and evaluate financial risks together with the procedures to avoid or minimize their impact on the organizations profitable growth
- Establish and foster relationships as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business discussions and decision making for insurance products by providing product expertise to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead cross functional teams for product and pricing initiatives
- Exhibit leadership by providing guidance, direction and professional development appropriate to each associates needs within the team
- Actively participate in strategic planning and budgeting for overall development of team and organization
- Innovation; generate ideas that are outside the norm and will help disrupt the P&C insurance space.
Who You Are
- A University degree in Marketing, Business, Economics or Insurance is required
- A Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) or Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Insurance Claims or Underwriting required. 5 or more years demonstrated experience in an insurance product development and management capacity
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of insurance principles and practices, business processing operations and the impact of underwriting/claims on the business of insurance
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking abilities to influence internal as well as external stakeholders across various levels
- Project management and coordinating skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a dynamic environment. Proven ability to manage projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Detail oriented with a commitment to innovation and design thinking
- Experience dealing with regulators preferred
What’s In It For You
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Annual shared success program and merit increases based on performance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with a matching contribution component
- Complimentary CAA Membership
How to ApplyIf interested, please apply here https://jobs.caaclubgroup.ca/echelon/job/Mississauga-Product-Manager-Personal-and-Commercial-Auto-ON-L4W-0A5/725610747/
151 total views, 3 today