Full-Time Personal/Commercial Lines Insurance Account Managers Ad Number: 24914
Personal/Commercial Lines Insurance Account Managers
Status: Full Time Regular
Our retained client, Hub International Barton Insurance is a leading North American insurance brokerage that provides a broad array of property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, reinsurance, investment and risk management products and services throughout offices located in the United States and Canada.
Hub International Barton Insurance continues to expand and as such, is looking to add several key Personal/Commercial Lines Account Managers in their Grande Prairie, Alberta office.
The Personal/Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager will be responsible for personal lines and small commercial sales, service, marketing, and solicitation of all forms of personal and commercial lines of insurance business from new and existing clients; to maximizing growth and client retention through superior customer service, account development, and cross selling of other available products and services.
Candidate Requirements/Personal Attributes:
– A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
– Strong decision making skills and ability to increase customer loyalty and sales.
Job Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
– Active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
– Strong organizational, mathematical, writing/language and people skills.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines.
– Ability to make quick decisive confident decisions.
– Computer skills.
Required Experience & Education:
– Minimum Level 1 Insurance License with completed fundamentals
– Take an active role in furthering education with courses and seminars.
– Strong organizational, writing/language, and people skills.
– Previous personal lines sales/account management or marketing related experience preferred.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
– Good listening skills in order to determine clients’ needs and proper coverage.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
– Service existing clientele and to develop some small commercial insurance business from prospecting, referral opportunities, and maintaining prospect lists.
– Records or files for follow-up sales and provide status reports to management.
– Achieve specified sales quotas, objectives, and goals in line with both company policies and personal goals.
– Actively solicit and follow-up expiry dates of existing clients for account development and cross selling.
– Ensure renewal policies are reviewed to confirm accuracy, are promptly processed and all potential problems are actively followed up.
– Provide accurate, professional proposals to marketing departments, representative companies and insured (for comparison of coverage and pricing) for both new and renewal business.
– Maintain complete detailed file notes for of all client business.
– Know bounds of binding authority, and acceptable classes of business brokerage.
– Know both personal and commercial insurance products and benefits provided by insurers, and upgrade product/sales knowledge and skills in line with market and policy changes of the firm.
– Re-market personal lines and commercial renewals as per firm’s policies and client needs.
– Promote and recommend optimal coverage and additional products available from insurers that best protect the client.
– Arrange method of payment in accordance with company policy and monitor accounts receivables.
– Report and process all claims and follow-up with clients to confirm their satisfaction.
– Maintain proper business and professional relationships, memberships etc. with insurers, community, fellow employees and industry associations.
– Attend and participate in required marketing, customer service, sales production & departmental meetings.
– Enrolment in insurance related courses.
– Other duties as required.
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting: Edmonton– Personal/Commercial Lines Account Manager to:
Cliff Tang, Principal
Zealots Consulting Inc. Executive Search
Recruitment Consulting & Leadership Development
“Part of Your Team”
Lynn Valley Town Centre
1199 Lynn Valley Road, Box 16133, North Vancouver, BC V7J 3S9
How to Apply
6451 total views, 3 today