Full-Time Personal Lines Underwriter Ad Number: 24839
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia is growing their team and is looking for a Personal Lines Underwriter. If you are passionate about our industry and want to be part of a growing company then this is the exceptional opportunity that you have been seeking. At Mutual Fire you will be part of a vibrant and supportive team environment.
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia has been in business since 1902 and has a proud heritage of serving our policy holders.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefit package
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assess and evaluate new and existing business
- Communicate and negotiate coverage and pricing with brokers.
- Common sense approach to rating, underwriting and file documentation
- Maintain an awareness of market trends pricing levels and legal requirements
- Apply loss control and risk management concepts
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships
Here’s what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education
- Minimum of five years of related Underwriting experience
- Achieved, or working towards, CIP designation
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Natural ability at building authentic Broker Partner relationships
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi task
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job
We offer a stimulating work environment that is guaranteed to be challenging, fast paced & fun!
Please send your resume and salary expectations in confidence to email@example.com
8951 total views, 2 today