Full-Time Personal Lines Supervisor
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Director, Personal Insurance and Private Client Service, the Supervisor, Personal Insurance will be responsible for the development and effective, efficient operation of the technical support teams, providing support to all locations in the Retail operations. The Supervisor will be involved in the development of processes and implementation within the teams, providing day to day guidance and leadership, and ensuring accuracy and service levels are met. This individual will work with the Director to identify gaps in efficiency and enhance the overall client experience.
Sales Strategy and Client Relationships
- Work with other leaders on the team to set key team strategic initiatives and metrics to support the overall corporate business plan
- Maintain key relationships and collaborate with representatives from various markets related to personal insurance
- Regularly share market information including industry/coverage trends with direct reports and other colleagues to stay ahead of the curve
Management and Coaching
- Lead, guide and motivate your team through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Foster a work environment that encourages individual and team success
- Effectively manage workloads and monitor through regular quality review exercises to ensure the team is adhering to established service and quality standards
- Complete monthly statistical analysis and reporting on key metrics
- Determine areas of improvement for employees, providing additional training as needed
What does it take?
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse book of clients and team members
- Results driven and collaborative
- Previous insurance experience or previous management experience
- Strong communication (verbal/written), negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and move from one priority to another while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Energetic, self‐motivated and comfortable with changes
- Creative problems solving abilities
- RIBO licensed or ability to obtain
- CAIB OR CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplyAre you interested? Send in your cover letter and resume to share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
58 total views, 1 today