Full-Time National Director, Auto/Property Claims – Toronto
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role
All inquiries are CONFIDENTIAL
National Director, Auto/Property Claims
Our client is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, servicing Canadians since 1953. Our client is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way and The Canadian Museum of Nature. Our employees are committed to helping others, like to make things happen and love learning and growing. Our client is proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s list of best employers for the past five years.
Reporting to the Vice President, Claims, the National Director, Auto/Property Claims is accountable for leading a highly engaged team of claim professionals who have oversight over complex non-injury claim files, identify and implement best practices and provide development and support to Adjusters.
- Provide strategic leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring to dynamic claims professionals within the non-injury discipline
- Provide direction on policy interpretation and managing complex claims across multiple provinces
- Establish best practices and procedures that drive and support the organization’s ability to meet operational, financial and service requirements
- Provide data analysis that supports the proactive recognition of adverse trends and development of programs, processes and tactics to address those trends in order to meet targets
- As part of the Claims Leadership Team, consult, influence and strategize on Claims initiatives
- Drive positive customer satisfaction by delivering the value proposition defined by the brands through the management of claims handling Best Practices
- Drive Continuous Improvement initiatives and quality standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the Claims organization
- Validate compliance to internal/external audit and regulatory requirements
- Work with VP Claims and Regional Claims management to establish loss cost and expense plans, then facilitate development of strategies and tactics to deliver results.
- Engage to positively influence product reforms by working with internal colleagues as well as externally (government, industry committees/groups, etc.).
- Lead transformational initiatives using agile methodology.
- Accountable to lead, manage and leverage vendor relationships to contain costs and expenses.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant roles with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of leadership/management experience in a fast paced, collaborative claims environment
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- CIP designation or working towards completion is a requirement
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of insurance policies
- Previous experience managing complex litigation files is an asset
- In-depth understanding of provincial and federal regulations
- Excellent leadership skills to develop and manage a team of direct reports
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Proven ability to analyze data and recommend solutions
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to embrace change
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present information in an organized, logical and effective manner to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to travel to each regional office on a quarterly basis
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
162 total views, 3 today