Full-Time Multi-line Claims Specialist – Various locations
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
|Multi-line Claims Specialist|
This position can be accommodated in any of the following locations:
Waterloo, Mississauga, London, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Woodstock, Toronto, Montreal, or Halifax. Work from home can also be arranged.
Our client, an ambitious, innovative and fast-paced company, offering exceptional training and development programs, competitive pay, great benefits, a company-matched savings plan, and paid volunteer days — all within an engaging, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Founded more than 145 years ago, our client is a leading property and casualty insurance company. They rely on a national network of more than 800 independent brokers to sell a range of car, home, business, and farm insurance solutions.
In this role, you will:
Reporting to the Team Leader, you are accountable for providing claim settlement, technical support and authority to independent adjusters and brokers, on multi line claims in all regions of the country. You will provide settlement authority on reporting files handled by independent adjusters or brokers and will provide payments in a timely manner.
- Directing and instructing independent adjusters throughout the claims process until resolution of the file.
- Processing claims payments within the level of authority after verifying claimant’s entitlement.
Assisting in the quality assurance audits of our vendors and brokers.
- Organizing and attending meetings, discoveries and conferences relevant to the claim files.
- Formulating future handling strategies in conjunction with legal counsel and/or independent adjusters. This includes reviewing case law and coverage, identifying issues and concerns in relation to corporate exposures, clarifying issues, and determining how best to proceed to bring file to early resolution.
- Conducting settlement analysis. This includes reviewing the file and screen notes, understanding the strengths, weaknesses and exposures, translating the analysis into a settlement proposal and developing a recommendation for approval adhering to staff authority and corporate guidelines.
- Attend large loss committee and stakeholders meetings on large complex files.
- Representing the Company in claim litigation and alternate dispute processes.
- Communicating with Underwriting Department on matters relevant to the claim files.
- Assisting in training and providing technical support to team members.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in any discipline or a 2 year college diploma from a provincially recognized and funded community college or fully completed CIP designation
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with multi line claims handling
- Experience specializing in complex, high value property claims (personal and commercial) as well as commercial general liability, environmental and bodily injury claims in essential
- Experience with mediation, arbitration and litigation
- Experience handling US bodily injury losses
- Experience in handling heavy transportation and cargo is an asset
- Experience in handling D&O claims is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office and strong computer skills
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity. We thank all applicants however only those being considered will be contacted.
324 total views, 2 today