Full-Time Marketing Broker
The Commercial Marketing Broker works within the Commercial Team acting as the primary intermediary between the sales team and insurance companies. The commercial marketing broker ensures that BSI meets its service and sales goals in conjunction with the sales team and commercial marketing department.
You are a dynamic person who understands the state of the insurance industry and marketplace. Underwriters know you mean business when you contact them, but do not ignore you. You have saved more insurance salespeople from peril than a Navy Seal team. When someone tries to use the hard market as an excuse your soothsayer personality and sweet-talking methods win them over to find a solution. You want to be the James Bond of insurance marketing so that underwriters and your fellow staff say, ‘nobody does it better’. You know that this industry needs to stop talking rate and can explain to both clients and insurers where the true value lies with their policy. Resourcefulness is your middle name, and you stake your reputation on being able to solve problems that even ancient Greek mathematicians could not. If you feel you are anywhere close to the above, keep reading and see what happens in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the sales team and managing commercial accounts to ensure new business submissions, renewal business, endorsements/policy changes are made and recorded in a timely manner in accordance with client’s requests.
- Preparation of all underwriting information as required by insurance companies for complete and accurate submissions using all appropriate forms, worksheets, and BSI commercial submission guide.
- Working with insurance underwriters to find solutions to out of box problems while negotiating fair rates to clients from a diverse group of companies.
- Responds to phone calls and emails and any other form of correspondence from companies and clients in an efficient and professional manner.
- Consistently follows up with outstanding worth with client/sales team and companies.
- Places new business as well and renewals, endorsements, and policy changes.
- Issues and manages binders and certificates of insurance.
- Maintains and works to grow industry and market relations.
- Keeps up to date and advises on changes to policy wordings and conditions when needed.
- Signing of all policies and endorsements as required.
- Creates abeyances and notices for action within the BMS that are consistent with company policy.
- Reviews with clients on annual adjustments as required for stock and gross receipts.
- Participates in industry functions and events that can help develop skills and relationships.
- Ensures all documents are filed and placed in the BMS so that they comply with best practices to ensure the best protection against any errors and omissions claims.
- Makes all documents and client/sales team correspondence available in the BMS so that an audit can be complete.
Skills & Requirements:
- Has a diploma, certificate, degree, or industry experience in a field related to administration, sales and marketing or another related field.
- Has a CIP or CAIB designation, or is at least a level 2 broker with MB license from ICM
- Strong and proficient computer skills using the Microsoft suite of products and experience using a broker management system standard in the industry
- Knowledge of terms, processes, and technical aspects related to commercial insurance
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to problems solve, think independently, and act for the client’s best interests.
- Eagerness to work in a team and receive support and guidance in career path
How to ApplyIf you are looking for an exciting new opportunity working with an exceptional team, please email your résumé or send along an email of interest in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
505 total views, 1 today