“The Power of Together”
Join a growing and dynamic company combining to create a revitalized organization that has a long and rich history in providing commercial, personal and specialized insurance in Canada.
The Northbridge Family includes Northbridge Insurance, supporting our broker partners; Federated Insurance, operating through dedicated sales agents, and, Zenith Insurance, which sells personal lines. One of Canada’s leading commercial P&C insurance companies, Northbridge boasts $1.3 billion in premiums.
Our Vancouver office is located near the waterfront in downtown Vancouver. A world renowned urban centre boasting beautiful scenery, plus proximity to shopping and dining, Vancouver also offers the possibility of endless adventures for outdoor enthusiasts of all types. Our office is easily accessible by car, public transit, or even by bicycle.
The Market Reservation Team Lead is responsible for the execution of the operational business plan through established guidelines and business objectives in the achievement of national standards for data quality and service levels. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for the coaching, training and mentoring of the Market Reservation staff ensuring the effective operation of the unit by coordinating, directing, and enhancing procedures.
- Provide effective daily leadership, coaching and motivation of staff.
- Responsible for resource and workload planning and organization
- Provide individual and team feedback for the purpose of coaching staff to meet or exceed planned results in the areas of data quality, and service levels.
- Manage the hiring, development, retention, reward, and motivation of staff in the unit/region.
- Assist in the training and development of staff, and provide technical expertise and advice regarding products, systems, and processes.
- Complete annual performance objective planning for direct reports and teams.
- Assess staff training and development needs and provide recommendations for training opportunities to build a competent staff capable of performing all MR administrative functions within the unit.
- Broker and Customer Service.
- Respond to customer and broker inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Analyze and interpret broker inquiries through probing questions to ensure a good grasp of the inquiry to effectively transfer to the underwriter who can best service the request.
- Occasionally initiate outbound calls to our existing Policyholders and Brokers.
- Responsible for the successful management of processing and direction of MR submissions.
- Monitor staff production on an on-going basis to ensure standards are being met.
- Analyze and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Effectively track and triage all submissions and assignments.
- Oversee the effective operation of the unit by coordinating and enhancing workflow and operational procedures.
- Coordinate the equal distribution and accurate handling of requests within sectors in accordance to Company service standards.
- Ensure that corporate initiatives are implemented accurately and efficiently within the MR unit.
- Monitor staff to ensure that operational initiatives and standards are met.
- Ensure all documentation is current and maintained.
- Assist in the formulation of target submission statistics for service standards and conduct regular analysis of statistics.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with brokers and/or customers to enhance understanding of the service quality, and problem solving.
- Consistently review technical and administrative processes, analyze results and maintain a complete understanding of brokers and/or customers’ needs.
- Ensure that administrative support changes or enhancements are communicated to internal customers in a timely manner.
- Identify and escalate service gaps as they arise and work with stakeholders to ensure that service standards exceed expectations.
- Ensure that information is provided on a timely basis and is coordinated with other segments of the company’s operations.
- Foster productive business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures and apply best business practices
- Provide training, development, and technical guidance to staff regarding systems and processes.
- Provide recommendations for MR objectives, including but not limited to, documentation and service standards.
- Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the property and casualty industry an asset.
- Excellent keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Call center experience an asset.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of underwriting discipline and pricing models.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Competence with Microsoft Office components is an asset.
- Working knowledge of work routines and procedures associated with most Market Reservation service functions
- Actively pursuing CIP designation an asset.
Northbridge welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.nbfc.com.