Full-Time Marine Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx group. With premium income of EUR 41.1 billion (2020) and approximately 23,000 employees, Talanx is one of the major European insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider with a focus on B2B insurance in over 150 countries around the world. HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the group. In 2020, Industrial Lines generated GWP of EUR 6.7 billion and employed 2,800 worldwide.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team in Canada as a Marine Underwriter. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities in addition to good negotiation, communication skills. Experience in marine underwriting is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process.
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring proper file documentation and accuracy of policy documents.
- Conducting broker and client presentations for business flow.
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 3+ years of underwriting experience in marine underwriting.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
How to ApplyIf you are team-oriented, dynamic, entrepreneurial and ready to take on new challenges, please contact us since we would enjoy hearing from you! To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. HDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for their interest in HDI Global SE Canada Branch, however, please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
38 total views, 1 today