Full-Time Marine Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx group. With premium income of EUR 39.5 billion (2019) and approximately 23,000 employees, Talanx is one of the major European insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider with a focus on B2B insurance in over 150 countries around the world. HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the group. In 2019, Industrial Lines generated GWP of EUR 4.5 billion and employed 2,800 wordwide.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team in Canada as a Commerical Lines Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities in addition to good negotiation and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategies to maximize sustainable growth and profitability for the mid market property and casualty portfolio in Canada.
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process.
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Solid technical knowledge of processing methods and time restraints on new and renewal
- Conducting broker and client presentations and marketing activities.
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 10+ years of work including management experience in underwriting property and casualty risks.
- Solid technical knowledge of property and casualty wordings and underwriting methods.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
How to ApplyIf you are team-oriented, dynamic, entrepreneurial and ready to take on new challenges, please contact us since we would enjoy hearing from you! To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com. HDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note we will be contacting only those candidates selected for interviews.
189 total views, 4 today