Full-Time Marine Underwriter
HDI Global SE is a member of the Talanx group. With premium income of EUR 39.5 billion (2019) and approximately 23,000 employees, Talanx is one of the major European insurance groups. The Group operates as a multi-brand provider with a focus on B2B insurance in over 150 countries around the world. HDI Global SE is the Industrial Lines Division of the group. In 2019 GWP was EUR 4.5 billion and the company employed 2,800 personnel.
We are currently seeking a candidate to join our growing team as a marine underwriter. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities in addition to above-average negotiation and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing strategies to maximize growth and profitability in the Canadian market.
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal business based on our underwriting guidelines.
- Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with brokers.
- Determining insurance needs to be able to provide customized solutions.
- Conducting client presentations.
- Entrepreneurial & self-motivated.
- 5+ years of work experience underwriting marine risks.
- Completion of insurance courses would be an asset.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment.
How to ApplyTo apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will be contacting only those candidates who are selected for interviews. HDI Global SE Canada Branch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities; and, in compliance with all applicable human rights legislation, the Company will arrange for candidates to be provided with appropriate accommodation in the application and interview process.
409 total views, 4 today