Full-Time Manager Products and Innovation
Product Wordings & Innovation
- Contribute and align the Company’s strategic plans by leading a team responsible for insurance product portfolios, leading product and rate reviews with underwriting teams and products staff.
- Create trusted relationships with IT, Business Transformation, PMs, all other stakeholders to ensure projects, changes, maintenance and/or enhancements are in line with strategic goals.
- Conduct product, market research and comparisons and provide recommendations of change.
- Work with IT for implementation of product, pricing, coverage, wording, and any other system changes.
- Develop and present new product or innovations to the leadership team.
- Collaborate with departments and stakeholders on company-wide projects and initiatives by providing resources.
- Maintain, develop, document, and administer governance around rate and product changes.
- Leverage a deep understanding of market trends for products, innovation and technology.
- Collaborate with departments regarding products and innovation and ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Champion change, arrange/provide training for appropriate team members and internal/external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the road map for rate and product changes.
- Manage and develop the product portfolio composition for optimal results.
- Facilitate continuous improvement with regards to products portfolio.
- Travel between Altona and Winnipeg, as well as North America as required.
- To motivate, coach and hold accountable staff under your direction in the business.
- Administer timely performance reviews, assessing needs for education, rewards and setting direction.
- Embody and influence the organization to have the following leadership competencies:
- Team Player/Collaboration – Work collaboratively with colleagues, actively contributes to task teams. Gather input, genuinely value others’ ideas and expertise; willing to learn from others. Support and act in accordance to group decision. Work with others to resolve conflicts by using problem solving and communication competencies.
- Strong Communication/Interpersonal Skills – Speak and write clearly and effectively. Listen to others, asks questions to clarify and demonstrates skills in dialogue. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Emotional Intelligence – Understand the non-verbal cues during an interaction, and adjust communications accordingly.
- Respect Diversity – Understand it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.
- Nurtures Growth – Committed to ongoing improvement of your own skills as well as your employees. Look for opportunities to coach/mentor your employees to produce the leaders of tomorrow.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving/Critical Thinking – Identifies key issues in complex situations, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant info, consider impact, makes decision and propose course of action. Drive business results by using sound critical thinking skills and initiative to make it happen.
- Motivate and Inspire People – Inspire and motivate others to be empowered by providing constructive feedback and mentorship, delegate’s responsibility, clarifies expectations, provides information, reviews work and provides feedback. Shows appreciation for effort and achievement. Give autonomy in important areas of their work and involves them when making decisions that affect them.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- College or Bachelor’s degree in Business
- CIP, FCIP, CRM or related insurance certification preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive underwriting experience (Commercial, Farm, Residential).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directly leading people and teams.
- Experienced Mentorship and Professional development skills.
- Deep knowledge of Property and Casualty underwriting.
- Experience with a wide variety of assignments around operational workflow including the GuideWire Insurance Suite systems is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills through a variety of mediums.
- Superior analytical, problem solving, research & communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines across a variety of stakeholders to meet targets and deliverable dates.
- Results oriented work ethic with strong moral and ethical values.
- Experience with corporate governance, compliance, and controls management, including processes and systems.
- Enterprise Risk Management experience is considered an asset.
- Impeccable sense of integrity and flexible character with proven ability to work proficiently with a diverse group of personalities.
- Willing to travel.
How to ApplyApply online at https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/ We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
300 total views, 4 today