Please login/register to apply for this job.
10 Sep 2019
Full-Time Manager, Personal Insurance – Specialty Lines
The Manager, Specialty Lines for Personal Insurance is responsible for the financial results of Wawanesa’s personal specialty lines portfolio. Working under minimal supervision, the responsibilities include program and contract development, liaising with analytics, reporting, underwriting guidelines and policy language, as well as overall portfolio analysis and premium leakage reviews. The role provides guidance to the Director, Personal Insurance and the VP, Personal Insurance on product strategy, risk appetite and risk management based on program, market and analytics.
- Manages the financial results of the specialty lines portfolio for which they are responsible
- Supports the ongoing business transformation
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of market and product trends, the competitive environment, regulatory actions and decisions
- Develops and enhances productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Reviews and makes suggested improvements to underwriting guidelines
- Manages the rate and product change schedule for specialty lines
- Manages the analysis and implementation of programs and rate reviews
- Develops and maintains contractual agreements with brokers
- Performs audits of programs and communicates findings to brokers
- Develops, coaches/mentors and manages the performance of direct reports, including identification of areas for improvement, and the development of performance improvement plans to ensure achievement of business, functional and individual goals
- Ensure accurate data in all relevant data sources
- Provides leadership to attract/retain high quality talent, including appropriate employee communication, sound structure/processes, etc.
- Creates an environment that encourages productivity, collaboration, teamwork, a high level of professionalism, learning and development and a culture of profitable growth across programs
- Promotes the Company’s Code of Conduct and values, and models behaviour that aligns to these principles
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ten years of business experience; Property and Casualty Industry knowledge required.
- Prior experience developing and managing national and regional plans and programs.
- Post-secondary education, and/or completion of a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information and to propose best solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to present information or arguments in a convincing manner.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines and cost estimates.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence and gain respect, credibility and confidence from others.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
How to ApplyWawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume: https://jobs.wawanesa.com/job/Winnipeg-Manager%2C-Personal-Insurance-Specialty-Lines-MB-R3C-3P1/536234817/ Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.
87 total views, 7 today