Full-Time Manager, Commercial Underwriting
Manager, Commercial Underwriting
Comma Recruitment are looking for an extraordinarily passionate, self-motivated and accomplished leader to join a successful commercial team.
This person will require a number of soft skills to champion a highly motivated team of underwriters that are very career driven and therefore performance and results focused.
Furthermore, our unique commercial strategy is evolving and our strategic focus must be advanced with skill and ease to foster the desired change for both team and Broker partners.
Summary of Role & Responsibilities:
• Champion strategies that sustain the profitable growth of our Commercial Lines department
• Provide technical expertise to mid-market property/casualty and automobile underwriters
• Negotiate and design individual KPI’s that contribute to the overall commercial strategies and objectives
• Identify means to close gaps and manage by objective
• Perform Quality Control audits
• Identify training opportunities for both underwriter and team
• Obtain and analyze industry trends in order to keep us current and relevant in the market
• Work within a Technical Committee to identify system improvements and relevant underwriting guidelines
• Build strong inter-department relationships
Comma Recruitment are looking for an Underwriting leader with 5+ years P&C Underwriting experience along with a knowledge of Commercial Auto. You must be:
• Passionate about developing career minded individuals
• Equally passionate about teaching individuals how to work as a talented and skilled team
• Proven commercial underwriting experience, both property/casualty and automobile lines
• Firm understanding of underwriting principles, concepts and methodologies in a commercial environment
• Working knowledge of commercial rates and pricing to effectively underwrite and attract target business.
• Natural tendency to solve problems and resolve challenges
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Open minded with strong negotiation skills
• Computer skills that enable independent management of a variety of programs
• Superior customer service and business acumen
• Leadership skills that include instinctive coaching and mentorship
Education and Experience:
• University degree / College diploma
• CIP designation
• CRM & FCIP designation(s), an asset
• Minimum 5 years of Property/Casualty and Automobile Underwriting Experience.
• Prior experience in a Management role is an asset
How to ApplyPlease forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
515 total views, 1 today