Full-Time Manager, Commercial Marketing
You’re driven to make a difference – developing people and enhancing the team performance motivates you.
You’re a people person who enjoys building long-lasting relationships with insurance carriers, industry leaders and your colleagues.
You’re detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills that will enable you to put together solid solutions for our clients.
If you’re nodding, this Manager, Commercial Marketing at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you!
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Vice President, Brokering & Insurer Relations, Commercial & Personal Insurance, the Manager for Commercial Marketing will develop and execute the commercial lines marketing strategy to support sales to accelerate growth in the middle market and large account segments.
The Manager, Commercial Marketing will focus on supporting sales by building carrier relationships, negotiation, understanding the clients needs and market options, acting as technical leader, liaising with sales and operations, maintaining employee engagement, managing workload among direct reports and providing coaching as opportunities arise. Also, the Manager will be responsible for contributing to the commercial market management strategy to ensure that we are working with our partners to formulate comprehensive and competitive insurance solutions for our clients.
- Accountable for collaboration in leading relationships with representatives from various markets.
- Provide strategic leadership, guidance and coaching to direct reports as well as effective workload management.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales leaders and Commercial Account Executives to execute strategies to support the overall sales goals of the company and department.
- Drive strategies to increase the commercial marketing department’s assertiveness with the markets to ensure high quality client proposals are provided to the sales team.
- Execute a proactive strategy where key accounts are identified in advance of expiry and a marketing plan is formulated in collaboration with members of the sales team.
- Work closely with the VP Brokering to coordinate annual business plans and corresponding strategic initiatives to achieve success.
- Complete monthly statistical analysis and reporting on key metrics for the marketing team. Conduct quarterly review of market business plans to ensure progress is achieved; and, where deficiencies are detected, develop strategies with market partners to remedy the results.
- Effectively cascade market information including industry/coverage trends.
- Arrange for technical training for all Commercial staff
- Play a leading role in the large account strategy
What does it take?
- Progressive and broad experience in commercial insurance with a minimum of 5 years’ technical experience (sales, marketing, etc.). CAIB or other industry designations would be an asset.
- Prior leadership experience an asset.
- A past history of external relationship accountability.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Business acumen (strategic thinking, business knowledge, results driven, solution oriented, client-focused approach).
- Decision-making and disciplined execution (thoughtful decision-making, strong negotiation skills and accountability).
- Teamwork and collaboration (building relationships, collaboration, strong communication skills – both verbal and written).
- Personal effectiveness (integrity, adaptability, resilience, results-driven, self-development).
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 12 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive
Challenge your thinking
You’re valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Registered Savings
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
How to ApplySubmit your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.
280 total views, 3 today