Full-Time Manager, Casualty Claims – Ontario BI and Litigation – Toronto
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role.
All inquiries remain confidential.
Manager, Casualty Claims – Ontario BI and Litigation
The position reports to the Director, Ontario BI. The manager of the Ontario Bodily Injury Litigation/Field Unit will develop, motivate, engage, and inspire a unit of Litigation Specialists and Senior Claim Advisor’s – BI to deliver outstanding business results and Customer Service while following defined procedures in accordance with the Ontario Bodily Injury guidelines.
- Provides operational leadership and direction to a capable team of direct reports who are working in the litigation and field investigation unit
- Ensures delivery of optimal individual and unit results to positively impact financial performance within appropriate claim performance metrics
- Develop staff and their abilities by providing appropriate coaching and feedback in preparation for developmental & career opportunities
- Recommend, implement and maintain an optimal organization design within the unit, including alignment of roles, accountability and authorities and alignment of tasks within the region to deliver on the strategy
- Actively look for ways to improve customer service, efficiencies, employee satisfaction and cost containment through Continuous Improvement mythologies
- Recommend appropriate level of resources for unit
- Ensure performance and development plans are in place for all direct report employees
- Provide ongoing direction to unit to achieve targets
- Participate in Talent Pool Assessments
- University degree/College diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7-10 years Casualty Claim experience, pre-requisite roles Manager, Casualty Claims or Litigation Specialist (at least 2 years
- Demonstrated strong leadership, employee engagement skills required
- Ability to collaborate with peers and influence others
- Ability to problem solve and initiate actions
- Ability to develop direct reports and achieve results
- Focus on leading a team to provide outstanding Customer Service
- Logical and effective communicator, explaining information to superiors, peers and subordinates in a well thought out manner
- Actively enrolled in or completion of CIP designationI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement
How to ApplyIf you are interested or know anyone that is interested call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204, text 647-282-6158 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity.
128 total views, 3 today