|LOCATION: Chatham to Windsor, Ontario
- To produce, service and maintain a book of business for MAIBC including Personal Property, Personal Auto insurance, Farm, Church, Commercial Property & Liability and Commercial Auto insurance.
- To serve the insurance needs of MAIBC clients, both at their request throughout their policy year and with regular contact every year in conjunction with their policy renewal so that they will experience “WOW” service.
REPORTING TO: MAIBC Principal Broker
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide superior customer service in the maintenance of a book of Business for MAIBC, including all TAM functions pertaining to personal, farm, church and commercial insurance, including regular contact prior to all renewals.
- Maintain Follow-Up list on TAM, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and within insurance company guidelines. The Follow-Up list will be used to document all client contact in detail in TAM, including recording recommendations made to clients and client request for or decline of coverage.
- Prospect for new clients, cross-sell current clients and up-sell current policies. Cultivate an active prospect list so that 5-10 prospective clients are called each week. Create and seize all sales opportunities for all lines of insurance within company binding limits.
- Assist clients in conjunction with claims
- Maintain familiarity with all Insurance Companies represented and all aspects of personal and commercial product availability and binding authority
- Become and remain familiar with the TAM, Compuquote and all Insurance Company systems and websites as required
- Monitor Renewal List and follow up to ensure all renewals are processed in a timely manner and/or clients are notified of late renewals.
- Accurate completion of applications and policy changes and timely submission to Insurance companies, including data entry of new business and policy changes into Company Computer systems as required, staying within binding limits at all times.
- Maintain accurate, organized records in TAM by attaching all emails and scanning and attaching all correspondence and documents to customer files. Maintain a safe and secure filing system for documents which must be retained in print.
- Ensure annual minimum requirements for continuing education credits (8 hours) are obtained to comply with RIBO regulations.
- Maintain and practice a value based, friendly, and professional relationship with all clients and underwriters.
- Promote the wholeness vision of MAX Canada and actively interpret Mutual Aid Ministries (MAM) in our Communities of Faith
- Be the face of Mutual Aid Ministries in our communities of faith
- Complete weekly Producer Report and submit to Principal Broker by noon on following Monday
- Other tasks as requested by Principal Broker
TOTAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITY:
To assist Principal Broker in the further development of MAIBC as a self-supporting independent insurance brokerage serving the Personal, Farm, Church and Auto insurance needs of the local communities represented by MAIBC brokers.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of high school or equivalent (minimum)
- A brokers License with RIBO
- Willingness to participate in additional training and upgrading, including CAIB or CIP designation or higher
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Public relations and telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality in relation to records and customer information
- Solid computer experience, preferably on various systems, with excellent keyboarding skills and experience using a data base.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced office environment.
Other welcome assets include:
- Knowledge of the Mennonite and Brethren In Christ constituency in Canada
- Respected in the community for lifestyle, contribution, and personal integrity
- Good manager of time and well organized
- Persistent and goal orientated
- Supportive of the importance and value of mutual aid ministries
- Independent business person who is action and results oriented
- Self-starter and continually striving to learn and grow
To learn more about MAIBC, see www.maibc.com.
Resumes may be emailed to Sharon Wine, Director of Administration & HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.