Full-Time Loss Control Specialist
As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Sandbox Mutual Insurance Company seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At Sandbox, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
We are very excited to be growing our Sandbox Mutual Insurance family. We have a replacement for a vacancy for the permanent full-time position of Loss Control Specialist and are on the search for our team member. Reporting to the Supervisor, Loss Control & Underwriting Systems, the successful candidate will survey and assess residential, farm, and commercial risks on-site; oversee the administration of 3rd party inspection services; provide loss control recommendations aimed to help policyholders manage their exposures & reduce the frequency and severity of losses; contribute to the loss control objectives of the organization by assisting with development of guidelines and procuring new tools and technology.
As a Loss Control Specialist, YOU Will Be Responsible For
- Responsible for organizing, assigning, and also carrying out surveys to evaluate properties and report on-site observations for insurance underwriting purposes. Identifying and analyzing hazards and critical issues, measuring buildings, taking photographs, conducting thermal imaging, as well as inspecting features, such as fire prevention systems, heating equipment, and fuel storage tanks.
- Oversees 3rd party vendors and orders surveys based on company needs. Performs quality control on all 3rd party vendor reports. Maintains high level of service and ensures accountability from all partners.
- Converses with policyholders and brokers to understand the history of the property and its risk features.
- Establishes relationships with brokers to assist with business development and broker relations.
- Develops risk improvement recommendations based on identified risk exposures. Considers how best to accomplish risk management goals with the policyholder.
- Leverages expertise in coverage and claims to provide management with recommendations and reports, ultimately contributing to the attainment of company objectives.
- Assists supervisor with developing inspection criteria and produces metrics to identify trends contributing to the loss control objectives of the organization.
- Prepares detailed reports that include identifying the fundamental construction and equipment details, risk assessment, and replacement cost verification. Helps procure technology and software solutions to develop and enhance surveys and reports.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders while representing loss control objectives.
- Designs, develops, and implements loss control informational training based on data and best practices for employees and brokers.
- Performs other duties as required.
What We Need From YOU!
- Completion of Grade 12 education.
- Degree or Diploma in company approved related discipline or combination of education and experience.
- Certified Insurance Professional (CIP) designation with the Insurance Institute of Canada is an asset, with preference given to applicants with their CIP.
- Thermal imaging certification would be an asset.
- Specialized experience in auditing, loss prevention, risk management or other related fields.
- Minimum five (5) years’ related experience performing on-site insurance loss control surveys and reports.
- Expert knowledge in understanding underwriting principles of loss control, hazard identification and risk mitigation processes.
- A thorough understanding of general liability and property lines of coverage.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable building & fire protection codes, farm, commercial, and habitational construction techniques, and plumbing, heating, electrical and fire safety systems.
- Ability to note details and make accurate observations.
- Strong self-initiative, prioritization, time management, and critical thinking skills. Demonstrating autonomy, managing field and office work.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to regularly travel including overnight stays are required.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing, interviewing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with peers, customers and industry contacts is vital.
- Acts as a role model who supports a delightfully simple insurance experience and a positive organizational culture.
WHY SANDBOX MUTUAL INSURANCE?
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. At Sandbox, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future.
This unionized position offers an annual salary range of $78,667 – 94,990, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Loss Control Specialist SP#278 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled. Sandbox Mutual Insurance thanks all interested candidates; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyPlease submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with Loss Control Specialist SP#278 in the subject line to email@example.com.
128 total views, 1 today