Full-Time Loss Control Inspectors – Residential and Commercial – Full-time (positions across Ontario)
Our Loss Control Specialists review various properties on behalf of insurance companies and provide loss prevention recommendations to reduce the frequency and severity of losses arising from fire, crime and liability. As a member of our team, you are responsible for assessing residential/commercial properties and determining risks. We are currently recruiting for positions across Ontario including: Toronto, Brampton/Mississauga, Peterborough, Northern Ontario, Niagara Region, London, Ottawa, and Whitby.
Skills required to succeed:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong self-initiative, prioritization and time management skills
- Well organized and thorough
- Curious and inquisitive with an interest in learning
- Access the internal systems and take ownership of inspection files
- Schedule appointments to visually assess the properties (about 10% time allocation) at a mutually convenient time
- Travel to the properties, tour and assess for risk features (about 50% time allocation)
- While touring the properties, take photographs, measure rooms and the structure, review features such as fire prevention systems, heating equipment, and fuel storage tanks
- Converse with the owners to understand the history of the property, any risks, and answer any questions they might have
- Prepare detailed reports using the internal systems identifying the fundamental construction and equipment details, risk assessment, and replacement cost value (about 40% time allocation)
To the District Manager:
- Reports have no errors or omission and provide accurate details of assessment results
- Contribute to team’s overall revenue goals
- Continually expand your expertise so you can assess more complex properties.
To the owners of the assessed properties:
- You have the tact and professionalism for convenient, excellent experiences
- You regularly provide value added services within your role and expertise
Education, knowledge and experience required:
- Education in insurance, construction, or engineering will provide a solid technical foundation to recognize and identify construction and equipment details (College diploma or bachelors’ degree)
- Experience with building codes, fire services, construction and maintenance will be an asset
- Very good computer skills including using a database, typing speed & accuracy, use of short-cuts, and word processing is essential to efficiently and effectively creating reports.
- Skillful communication techniques for customer service and report writing.
- Experience as an underwriting assessor or in the insurance field preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously since most of our Loss Control Specialists are home-based.
- Extensive travel is involved within a region requiring a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (25%). National runs at least once per year.
- Entering residences/commercial properties requires tact and professionalism and may require appointments to be scheduled in the evenings and on weekends
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
Please note, all new employees are required to be vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination as a condition of their offer of employment prior to their start date, subject to any valid human rights accommodations
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume via the following link: https://scm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/SCM/job/Markham/Loss-Control-Inspectors--Residential-and-Commercial---Full-time--positions-across-Ontario-_R0003717
65 total views, 1 today