Contract Lead Underwriter – Product Development
Lead Underwriter – P&C Product Development (Contract)
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen required to contribute to company growth. The ideal candidate will lead the product development function for Fortress Insurance Company, a new insurance carrier based in Western Canada. Fortress is focused on innovative products that are sold through digital channels including third party websites and online. If you are currently in an underwriting supervisory role at an MGA or insurance carrier and are ready to take the next step, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
- Development of products suitable to an automated underwriting process, including product market research, competitive/comparative analysis, recommend product design features and options, product specifications and pricing.
- Manage the analysis and underwriting of the product through its lifecycle.
- Work with internal cross functional teams within Fortress to develop and implement the insurance offerings and workflow processes.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and technology changes that may impact the expected performance of the insurance book of business.
- Assist with training staff on new products.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in insurance, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of property & casualty underwriting lines of business across Canada.
- Candidate will have work experience within an MGA, insurance carrier, or risk management enterprise/role.
- Experience in evaluating, developing & executing innovative ideas/new risk products into actionable market offerings would be considered valuable.
- Technologically savvy with demonstrated creativity and vision in implementing digital solutions.
- Experience working with cross functional teams including IT, marketing, and operations.
- Negotiating reinsurance coverage, a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to details.
- Strong demonstrated analytical and logical thinking.
- Preferred CIP designation or equivalent.
How to ApplyPlease apply via the link below: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2610359927/?refId=MJBrR9boQx6LzFex4fHxQA%3D%3D
117 total views, 1 today