Full-Time Junior Commercial Underwriter
10240-124 Street Suite 700 Edmonton, AB. T5N 3W6
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great learning and growth opportunities
- Hybrid remote work flexibility
- A competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Professional Development Courses & Designations
- 100% tuition re-imbursement for business relevant courses and training
- Vary Days
TriPoint Insurance Underwriting is hiring for a Junior Commercial Underwriter to develop profitable, long-term accounts and broker relationships for all Navacord Broker Partners by assessing risk eligibility and negotiating appropriate pricing and terms for New Business & Renewals.
- Underwrite new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing Insured’s applications. Negotiate terms and conditions of coverage to meet Client’s needs. Ensure policies are compliant with industry regulations and standards.
- Support consistent underwriting best practices, in accordance with underwriting guidelines, to ensure rating, pricing, profitability and structuring adequacy.
- Ability to exercise judgment, negotiate and make sound business decisions effectively based on increased level of authority.
- Establish and maintain strong professional and personal relationships with the national brokerage community to facilitate growth of the company’s book, with the goal of driving new business and maintaining profitability.
- Makes independent marketing calls to brokers. Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Minimum of 2 years of Commercial underwriting experience
- Proficient with underwriting analytical tools and technology
- Insurance Designation(s) or in progress
- Strong analytical aptitude and critical thinking as demonstrated through work assignments
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Superior customer service skills and business acumen
- Computer skills that including Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Applied EPIC and Policy Works
TriPoint is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply. We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to ApplyInterested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
142 total views, 1 today