Full-Time Intermediate Underwriter, Personal Lines (1 year contract)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Personal Lines the Intermediate Underwriter will provide detailed underwriting and risk analysis on Personal Lines Insurance Programs. Attention to detail will ensure competitiveness and profitability by adhering to established policies, procedures, rating structures and service level agreements. The successful candidate will have a professional ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong work ethic which will allow them to thrive within a fast paced environment.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of all Personal Lines products, including non-standard personal lines auto, motorcycle and other recreational vehicle insurance.
- Underwrites and processes new business submissions, endorsements and renewals in compliance with underwriting standards, rules and guidelines.
- Requires technical underwriting expertise. Performs risk assessments, rating and coverage analysis and makes decisions within established guidelines. Takes a proactive approach to identifying issues and works independently to resolve and seeks advice as appropriate.
- Will be required to work within set authority levels and/or referral processes.
- Applies extensive product knowledge and uses rational judgement to make sound underwriting decisions that positively contributes to company results.
- Consistently provides a superior client experience to all stakeholders, by providing leadership, guidance and recommendations to both internal and external business partners, to resolve matters in order to achieve “win-win” solutions.
- Provides recommendations for enhancement to personal lines programs while monitoring underwriting trends related to portfolio handling or risk underwriting.
- Effectively manages priorities to consistently maintain established service standards.
- Contributes to the development of others through training and development.
- Conducts broker audits to address specific areas of concern and measure compliance with established processes, guidelines and procedures and report findings.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends to deliver excellence in underwriting and build on expertise.
- Other duties as assigned to achieve corporate objectives.
Education & Experience
- Three to five (3 – 5) years experience Personal Lines Underwriting.
- College or University education in a related field is required.
- CIP designation or working towards CIP designation.
- Strong understanding of insurance policy wordings and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Deep level of technical underwriting expertise in Personal Lines Auto Business.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet departmental deadlines.
- Highly skilled in communication (verbal and written), client service, self-awareness, questioning and listening, presentation skills, time management, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Positively contributes to department goals by effectively working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of business maturity when making decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Leadership qualities with ability to train and develop Junior level staff.
- Strong mathematical skills and commonsense.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Affinity for learning new technologies.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with experience working in Policy Management system.
- Some travel may be required.
- Individual must adhere to our corporate values – Teamwork, Integrity, Speed, and Innovation, and be able to deliver against department and strategic initiatives.
Echelon Insurance is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. Should you require any accommodation please let Human Resources know so that we can accommodate your individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
463 total views, 2 today