|Reports to: Underwriting Supervisor, Specialty Programs & Associations
Job Summary: Working as a part of a dynamic and multi-line Underwriting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for underwriting and servicing renewals in accordance with underwriting standards and guidelines. An introduction to new business production and small account quoting is anticipated in this position. This individual will liaise with brokers, clients, and account managers on questions of policy issues and interpretation of coverage, and represent the team at the industry events as needed.
- Minimum 3- 5 years related experience required
- CIP designation or College/University degree with progression toward CIP.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and judgment skills required
- Highly organized to manage workflow efficiently
- Automobile underwriting experience would be an asset
We invite interested candidates submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com or by fax to: 519-650-6368. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual’s technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.