Full-Time Intermediate / Senior Underwriter
Unique Risks Ltd. is a Managing General Agent (MGA) specializing in unique, non-standard or hard to place risk solutions. Our expertise lies in Commercial General Liability (CGL) as well as Umbrella & Excess insurance. Licensed from coast-to-coast, our goal is to find creative insurance solutions for our valued broker partners when standard markets cannot or are unwilling to accommodate a particular risk or segment.
We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a Senior Underwriter in our Commercial Casualty division. This is a full-time position, located in Burlington, ON, that will service brokers across Canada. Please note that given the ongoing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this is a remote-working position until further notice.
- Proactively seek business opportunities including the underwriting and quoting of new business, renewal business and related endorsements in accordance with Unique’s underwriting philosophy and appetite, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards and authority;
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization’s appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity;
- Complete detailed pipeline assessments with key distributors to identify growth opportunities;
- Complete all necessary documentation to support the Commercial Lines book of business;
- Develop, foster and maintain positive constructive relationships with brokers across Canada;
- Develop a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate and department goals and objectives; including premium and profitability
Role Skillset and Experience Required:
- Minimum five (5) years of underwriting experience, particularly in: General Liability and Umbrella Liability
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, highly organized and capable of managing multiple deadlines;
- Highly motivated with a self-starter attitude;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Customer focused and to demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Superior interpersonal skills, as you would be a key contributor to the team’s success;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is
Keys to Success:
The successful applicant can work independently and is keenly aware of maintaining an exceptional client experience through engaging relationships and embracing accountability. He or she can quickly adapt to changing conditions and offers a natural curiosity to explore new opportunities or innovations.
- A rapidly growing, independent and privately held company;
- A competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, paid time off and benefits;
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team with strong leadership support;
- A diverse team with a collaborative atmosphere;
- A progressive firm that values and promotes inclusivity, transparency and open dialogue;
- Competitive Educational benefits including relevant course tuition and encouragement;
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
How to ApplyPlease reach out to: J.D. Farquhar President & CEO 905-334-6971 firstname.lastname@example.org
168 total views, 10 today