Full-Time Intermediate / Senior Environmental Underwriter
Reporting to the Environmental Product Line Leader, the underwriting position is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a profitable portfolio of desirable business through marketing, analysis, sales, service and underwriting. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Underwrite and service a growing book of business, including risk selection, coverage negotiation and pricing adequacy on new and renewable business, all in accordance with designated underwriting authorities and company guidelines.
- Review and process changes on existing accounts to maintain compliance with policy conditions and company underwriting philosophy.
- Identify, analyze and develop sources of new business.
- Partner with peers in other product lines to leverage multi-line opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong business and service oriented partnerships with Markel’s broker clients through regular and frequent attendance at client broker events and industry conferences.
- Maintain market intelligence, business insurance trends and industry knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills:
- EIL underwriting and/or environmental consulting experience – 5 to 7 years.
- University degree; CIP or FCIP designation preferred.
- Relationship management skills proven through established broker relationships.
- Strong administrative skills and highly detail oriented.
- Good presentation skills — comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to deliver results even when working to meet tight deadlines.
- Business acumen and capable of representing the organization externally.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to Sherry Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org Markel is committed to a barrier free work environment and to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The Company will work with all potential candidates during the screening and interview process to meet any specific needs.
468 total views, 3 today