Full-Time Intermediate Claims Adjuster, Physical Damage
Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who we are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates’ career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results. We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative. We work hard and play hard. We’re about doing what’s right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do
The Claims Adjuster, Physical Damage is responsible for handling of automobile, long haul trucking, motorcycle, and recreational vehicle physical damage claims. The claims are of varying low to moderate complexity and the successful candidate will have a dynamic personality and the ability to excel in a high performance environment. The Intermediate Adjuster – Physical Damage ensures claims are properly investigated, evaluated, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate personal/commercial lines claims of low to moderate complexity
- Manage challenging coverage claims with tact and professionalism
- Timely, accurate reserving in line with Corporate protocols and guidelines
- Maintain control over expenses through pro-active handling techniques
- Direct vendor partners as necessary
- Obtain approval from Manager on claims above authority
- Manage claims in litigation, participate in mediations, pre-trials and settlement conferences
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Unit Manager
Who You Are
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- CIP or working towards designation
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience handling casualty claims or related experience
- Strong organizational; decision making and problem solving skillset
- Ability to understand insurance contracts in various jurisdictions
- Knowledge of principles and practices of claims settlement, policy wording, fraud investigations and coverage issues
- Ability to cross-reference information with attention to detail
- Strong general computer knowledge required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What’s In It For You
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Annual shared success program based on performance
- Annual merit increases based on performance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a matching contribution component
- Complimentary CAA Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Echelon Insurance will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to ApplyApply via our careers page at: https://jobs.caaclubgroup.ca/job-invite/2108/
37 total views, 2 today