Full-Time Intermediate and Senior Marine Underwriters
Intermediate and Senior Marine Underwriter
Comma Recruitment are looking for Intermediate and Senior Marine Underwriters with 2 -5 years progressive experience. You will be responsible for underwriting within the marine lines unit.
Underwriters are responsible for evaluating & selecting profitable new risks, based on our underwriting appetite and principles, while developing and maintaining value-driven relationships with brokers. Experience growing a book of business and Ocean Marine technical underwriting knowledge are required.
Based Downtown Toronto we offer an amazing package with the best bonuses in the industry.
• Responsible for the successful evaluation, selection, negotiation, and pricing for assigned policies in order to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting authority.
• Develop and maintain a professional relationship with brokers and/or customers to enhance understanding of the target market and to contribute to quality service, problem solving, and risk selection.
• Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
• To monitor business performance, review progress and enable timely corrective or other appropriate actions to be taken with our partners.
• Develop and maintain a knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures.
• Mentor and train less experienced underwriters and support staff.
• Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments when required.
Comma Recruitment are looking for:
• Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
• Minimum 2 years experience for intermediate and seniors with 5+ years experience underwriting with a sound technical knowledge of Ocean Marine
• Broad knowledge and understanding of underwriting discipline and pricing models.
• Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Completion of the CIP/FCIP designation or working towards.
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
|External Link (URL):||Visit the Web site|
|Salary Range:||$75,000 - $100+|
6750 total views, 2 today