Full-Time Insurance Services Coordinator
Reporting to the Manager, Insurance and Risk (Manager), the Insurance Services Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for providing complex administrative support to the Manager to deliver the University’s Insurance programs. Duties include serving as primary contact to respond to stakeholder questions related to insurance matters including policy interpretation; coordinate the flow of claims information between the Risk and Safety Insurance Office and internal and external stakeholders such as adjusters, brokers and University departments, as well as assisting with the education of the university community by promoting a risk awareness culture. In addition, the Coordinator will reconcile monthly insurance accounts and provide support to special projects.
The Coordinator will function with an exceptional level of accuracy, good judgement and efficiency. The Coordinator is expected to act with initiative, make decision independently and work collectively, consulting with other Subject Matter Experts when required.
• Assists with the coordination and investigation of complex insurance claims including liaison with adjusters, brokers, university departments, witnesses, etc., and tracking of costs.
• Oversees, coordinates and tracks basic/less complex claims with weekly reporting to the Manager.
• Collects and prepares data information packages in the preparation of commercial insurance policy renewals.
• Assists in the completion of all insurance applications and ensures all pertinent information is included.
• Acts as primary contact for department through general phone line and Insurance Services departmental email account; providing responses to inquires or redirecting as appropriate.
• Assists the Manager and other stakeholders with insurance policy language interpretations regarding coverage, exclusions and potential insurance solutions.
• Communicates endorsement requests to brokers and internal stakeholders on an as needed basis.
• Manages the university’s certificate of insurance program, which includes requesting necessary certificates from the university’s insurers and tracking and managing certificates received from outside service providers.
• Manages university vehicle fleet program. This includes serving as first point of contact for department Vehicle Administrators; managing fleet vehicle registration and the annual renewal of the Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration (CVOR) and overseeing the driver approval process including requesting Driver Abstracts from the Ministry of Transportation. Includes regular communication with insurance brokers over vehicle fleet related matters.
• Responds to insurance related questions posed by the departmental Vehicle Administrators and provides training when required.
• Monitors Security Database daily for insurance related incidents and handles or redirects as appropriate including communication with affected stakeholders.
• Keeps informed regarding industry information, new insurance product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
• Assists the Manager in creating and maintaining a risk awareness culture by attending information sessions/workshops and by providing advice and information when required.
• Identifies and makes recommendations to the Executive Director, Risk and Safety Services and the Manager on improvements to processes and procedures in all areas of Insurance Services.
• Reconciles monthly insurance accounts ensuring appropriate account codes and amounts are distributed correctly. Processes financial transactions including purchase orders and payments, journal entries and deposits
• Provides administrative support to the Manager. This includes arranging meetings and rearrange as necessary in response to emerging and urgent issues; prepare and send out agendas, minutes and other relevant material; compile files and materials required for the day’s meetings; organizes travel/accommodation, processes travel reimbursements, maintains the Insurance filing system and Insurance claims database, processes travel reimbursements and cheque requisitions, ensures annual memberships are up-to-date, scanned and filed.
• Maintains Insurance Services website by updating information on the site as required.
• Assists the Executive Director, Risk and Safety Services and Insurance and Risk Manager with special projects and/or any requests as assigned.
• Undertakes other duties in support of the department as required by the Manager or the Executive Director, Risk and Safety Services.
• University degree OR three year post-secondary education in insurance, business administration, or related field, plus five years of relevant commercial insurance experience.
• Working towards or have completed Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or other insurance-related designation.
• Knowledge of property/casualty insurance products, the regulatory environment and local and international insurance markets.
• Comprehensive knowledge of university structure and government, financial and computing system, an asset.
• Satisfactory criminal record check is required.
• Previous experience dealing with insurance related matters and administering insurance documents.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Respect diversity and promote inclusion in the workplace.
• Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheet creation, web page design and other software application programs.
• Ability to establish priorities to work efficiently and effectively on own initiative under pressure of deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions and multiple demands.
• Ability to respond diplomatically and sensitively using good judgment in difficult situations, and to interact professionally with all levels, internal and external to the University.
• Analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills to help resolve problems and maximize efficiency.
• Interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to interact with a wide variety of people in many different contexts.
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality and sensitive issues using sound judgement and discretion, including difficult and controversial situations.
• Organizational and time-management skills. Ability to focus effectively in spite of many different duties, heavy volume of work and frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Focus on Special Projects and an ability to promote a team environment may be required.
• Commitment to employee development and safety.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication and organisational skills.
• Must have ability to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
• Prioritize work and time, and set up a time schedule to meet deadlines.
• Determine what information to use when responding to queries from internal and external stakeholders.
• Make daily operational decisions as they relate to the administration of Insurance Claims. Decide how to resolve problems within guidelines referring only unfamiliar situations to the Manager.
• Determine when a situation is critical and decide upon the most appropriate action.
• Determine when to redirect or delegate enquiries or requests to other staff.
• Determine account code allocations.
How to ApplyPLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
242 total views, 1 today