Full-Time Insurance & Risk Analyst
The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace.
We are currently seeking the right person to fill the permanent full-time position of Insurance and Risk Analyst in our Legal & Legislative Services Department.
Claims: This position is responsible to ensure claims by and against the City are processed in a timely, fair and cost-effective manner.
Risk Support: Reviewing City contracts for insurance and indemnity provisions to support the City in methodology to identify and analyze the financial impact of loss to the organization, employees, the public and the environment.
Liaison: This position liaises with the City’s external adjusters and insurance broker to maintain a comprehensive insurance process regarding the management of claims and assets being property insured with the City.
Insurance: This position ensures the City has the appropriate insurance coverage for all City assets.
- Experience – Five years in the area of risk management, insurance or claims administration, preferably in a municipal setting. Experience in property, auto and liability lines of insurance would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to those with Claims experience.
- Education – Certified Insurance Professional and/or Canadian Risk Management designation. Other combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- Knowledge of and experience with PC software such as the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint is desirable. Knowledge of JD Edwards financial software would be an asset.
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of the Municipal Government Act (MGA) related legislation and policies. Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). Comprehensive knowledge of Insurance, Risk Management and claims processes, definitions and procedures. Comprehensive knowledge of legal liability and contract review.
- Advanced skills in the following areas are required:
- Analytical, research and strategic thinking
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- Priority and stress management
- Records management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the public and other City departments and agencies, including the ability to deal with possible conflict situation effectively. Regularly communicates with risk managers, adjusters, appraisers, brokers, insurers and agents.
- Ability to work with considerable independence and to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in establishing, prioritizing, and achieving business objectives.
- Ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential subject matter like claims information which, if improperly handled, would have a significant impact on the City.
What we offer:
The hourly rate for this permanent full-time position is $41.04 to $43.20. In addition to a very competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read, and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
How to ApplyWe welcome applications until July 10, 2021 For more information, and to apply, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your resume to email@example.com
223 total views, 1 today