Square One is different than other insurance providers. Our mission is to make the home insurance process effortless, whether you’re getting a quote or making a claim. We’re doing this by eliminating unnecessary complexities built into traditional policies.
As an insurance agent, the way you interact with clients can make or break our relationship with them. So, you always aim to represent Square One in a friendly and professional manner. While the focus of your role is on providing quotes and selling policies to new clients, you know it’s just as important to provide great service to existing clients.
Your success in this role comes from your passion for helping people and your knowledgeable approach. You have strong social skills and genuinely believe it’s fun interacting with new people. You’re good at making real connections with potential clients because you have great listening skills. Once you know what a client needs, you take pride in being able to personalize a policy to those needs and, hopefully, to pass on some savings.
Over 90% of your day is spent on the phone, handling inbound calls and making outbound calls. You never pressure clients into buying a policy, but you’re also not scared to ask for the sale. Dealing with different calls and clients, you tailor your interaction to the situation at hand. And if challenges arise during a call, you take ownership and find graceful ways to deal with them.
Working in Square One’s call centre, you are the first and main point of contact for both potential and existing clients. As such, you have many important responsibilities, including:
- Handling a high volume of inbound calls from clients in a prompt and professional manner.
- Making outbound calls to clients who have received targeted marketing materials.
- Assessing client needs, providing quotes, and ultimately selling policies.
- Promoting Square One and encouraging clients to do the same.
- Responding to online chat and email inquiries from clients.
- Handling payment-related matters.
- Helping clients make changes to their policies.
- Taking claims reports from clients.
- Maintaining your training and industry knowledge.
As a member of the Square One team, you have a desire to direct your own work to achieve the responsibilities of your role. You do this by becoming an expert at what you do, and by working with a team that has a broader purpose than just making profit. Those who you work with would describe you as someone who:
- Enjoys working with others and has a passion for helping clients.
- Delivers excellent client service and possesses strong telephone skills.
- Communicates effectively when speaking with, or writing to, others.
- Uses active listening and questioning skills to understand needs and issues.
- Takes a consultative approach to selling.
- Handles objections and deals with rejection well.
- Works well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Uses sound judgement in making decisions and taking calculated risks.
- Adapts well to, and often initiates, change.
- Enjoys personal development and growth through learning.
- Provides and receives constructive feedback.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Your experience and education, combined with product and sales training we provide, helps ensure your success at Square One. For this role, you have:
- At least 2 years of experience selling insurance, preferably in a call centre environment.
- At least 1 year of tenure with a recent employer.
- A high school diploma and, preferably, some post-secondary education.
- A general insurance agent level 2 license.
If you hold level 1 license, are working towards a level 2 license, and feel you’re a perfect fit in every other way, please do feel free apply. You’ll definitely be considered.
YOUR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Square One tailors your compensation and benefits in the same way it tailors policies for its clients. Your very competitive compensation and benefits plan includes:
- A base salary of $45,000 per year.
- 3-weeks, not 2-weeks, of vacation to start.
- Full MSP coverage for you and your family.
- The flexibility to tailor your medical, dental, vision and extended health care coverage.
- In-house and relevant external training, both paid by Square One.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 8, 2015. You have our commitment that all applicants will receive a response.