Full-Time Insurance Advisor
SeaFirst Insurance Brokers are insurance specialists, providing our clients with unparalleled general insurance services for over 40 years.. We provide our members with positive working environments, great opportunities for growth, and very competitive compensation and benefits.
The Insurance Advisor (IA) provides sales and service to clients’ changing insurance needs by selling Personal Lines, Automobile, and Travel Insurance.
SCOPE: The IA reports to the Personal Lines Supervisor, and has functional relationships with other managers and staff within the company.
- Responds to client phone, mail, email, fax, or in-person enquiries and provides solutions;
- Maintains accurate and timely client records in TAM;
- Provides quotes for clients using rate manuals, online manuals, etc.;
- Responds to insurer enquiries about policy holders;
- Uses superior communication skills to probe customers to determine current and future needs;
- Researches the best coverage for clients, using all known factors, including pricing, coverage, and claims service; recommends products based on this analysis;
- Explains the features, advantages, and benefits of all lines of business;
- Adheres to internal and external underwriting policies; seeks approval for risks outside of authority;
- Provides first response to claims reported, and adheres to established procedures to ensure timely reporting and follow up;
- Adheres to established office procedures for the handling and safekeeping of monies and revenue inventory;
- Keeps insurance licence current by maintaining required continuing education credits, and maintains compliance with all Insurance Act provisions;
- Performs administrative duties assigned including but not limited to: mail and courier, ordering of supplies, ordering inventory, banking and cash management, accounts receivables, etc.;
- Carries out other duties essential to the position as directed by their supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Residential Insurance
- Mobile Home Insurance
- Recreational Vehicle Insurance
- Yacht Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- ICBC Automobile Insurance
- Private Vehicle Insurance
- Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Equine Insurance
The Candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Decision making
- Organization and planning
- Valid BC Drivers licence class 5
- Effective communication (verbal, listening, presentation skills)
- Effective written communication
- Computer acumen, including the ability to operate all software used at the firm
- Time management
- Stress management
The Candidate will demonstrate the following abilities:
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
Based out of one of our offices on the Saanich Peninsula, you may be expected to travel to any of the other offices in the group in order to provide relief. Hours of work are 8:30 am through 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday – no evening or Sunday shifts!
How to Apply:
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover-letter or visit our ‘Careers’ page at https://www.seafirstinsurance.com/about-us/careers
How to ApplyInterested? Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
278 total views, 1 today