Full-Time Inspector (Loss Control) – Niagara
Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
HSB Canada is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of field experts as an Inspector (Loss Control) servicing the region from Stoney Creek (Hamilton) to the Canada / US border in the Niagara region. Working within this territory, the Inspector (Loss Control) shall identify and quantify areas of equipment-based risk, including potential areas of improvement and share this expertise effectively both internally and with our client base. The Inspector (Loss Control) shall maintain relationships with clients and colleagues with a focus on risk reduction and customer service. This position is home-based with a company vehicle provided.
Niagara (Stoney Creek (Hamilton) to the Canada / US border in Niagara region)
- Provide equipment breakdown loss prevention expertise by conducting routine inspections, risk re-evaluations, and claims investigations, and other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Conduct evaluations on commercial and industrial locations with equipment ranging from HVAC to boilers/pressure vessels and production equipment.
- Manage a territory and meet productivity goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Work towards the continual improvement of HSB Canada’s portfolio.
- At least 3-5 years of maintenance/operations experience including boilers/pressure vessels, refrigeration and production equipment.
- Post-secondary technical education.
- Background in Marine, Mechanical or Stationary Engineering is recommended, but not compulsory.
- Knowledge of ASME code (boilers and pressure vessels) is an asset, but not compulsory.
- 2nd Class or above preferred.
- Strong oral, written communications and computer skills (including report writing).
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, and ability to travel.
- Dedication to exceptional client service.
- Certificate of Competence (COC) is required to perform jurisdictional inspections in Ontario (ability to obtain).
- National Board Commission is required (or ability to obtain; training will be provided if necessary).
How to ApplyCreating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs. If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference INN1031-BW, please click on the link: Apply Here We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
69 total views, 3 today