Full-Time HR Manager
LOCATION: Altona or Winnipeg Office, or MB Home Office
REPORTSTO: VP of Human Resources
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The HR Manager is a key part of the HR team and is responsible for the planning, organization, and oversite of the daily operations of the Human Resources department across all aspects of the people and talent life cycle. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the HR team to maintain the high standards we have to support a growing organization as we manage total rewards, workforce planning and talent management. In addition, the HR manager is responsible for leading employee relations and HR reporting. The HR manager collaborates on ESH as well as long-range planning discussions with the VP of HR. This can include ongoing HR projects, and continuous improvement of HR processes to ensure departmental output aligns with RRM’s strategic plan.
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- You are excited about continuous improvement, learning and re-learning
- You want to apply your expertise to support a rapidly growing organization
- You enjoy working with a small tight-knit HR team
- You have prior experience leading talent/people functions in an organization
- You have the desire to create and support a company-wide HR strategy and are willing to “be hands-on” to meet our goals
- You have strong business acumen and can gain buy-in to ensure all levels of the organization feel aligned
- You are highly collaborative and like to build and maintain high standards for integrity and accountability
- You are passionate about connecting with people and are a natural rapport builder
- You are intrinsically motivated, a strong self-starter and like to take initiative
- You are a confident communicator across all levels, with a high EQ who wants to make an impact
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Execute on business proposals and strategic plans for HR aligned with corporate objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support the organization’s strategy and deliverables
- Ensures compliance with Employment Standards, Health and Safety and other relevant legislation.
- Drives internal engagement and external branding to attract top talent
- Execution of total rewards philosophy and deliverables
- Oversee workforce planning/Talent Management objectives
- Track & report on HR Metrics & trends to support decision making
- Oversee recruitment and selection process & practices to support a diverse & inclusive workplace
- Support managers in talent sourcing & selection (from creation of job descriptions, pre-screening, interviews, employment contracts etc.)
- Act as an advisor and mentor to people leaders to support employee relations and escalate complex issues or themes where appropriate
- Manage day to day HR policy and procedures
- Maintain knowledge and oversite of all company corporate policy and procedures
- Engage with employees through formal and informal channels
- Travel between the Winnipeg and Altona offices, as well as North America will be required based on business needs and current initiatives. Flex work arrangements available.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree in a business discipline (Human Resources, Business, or related field)
- Minimum 5 year’s work experience in a functional management capacity
- Prior experience managing people & teams preferred
- Proficient adaptability and change management skills to meet the demands of a growing business.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective working relationships in a positive team environment
- Adept problem solving, negotiation, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Exceptional communicator across all mediums
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Demonstrated analytical, reporting, prioritization, and evaluative abilities in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent time management, and organization skills
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS and LEAN management practices are an asset
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
36 total views, 1 today