Full-Time Group Underwriter
The Group Underwriter position will be responsible for underwriting Accident and Disability new business opportunities and renewals for Combined Group Benefits and CHUBB Workplace Benefits channels. The individual will partner with sales during the proposal and renewal process to look for ways to grow sales while maintaining a profitable block of business based upon company guidelines. This role requires exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, has a deal-maker mentality, can handle multiple tasks at the same time, is comfortable in a fast- paced environment, is results driven, detail oriented, and maintains a focused attention to accuracy.
The individual will also support core underwriting of individual health, disability, and Life applications.
- Engage with Sales on how best to present a competitive Chubb/Combined proposal by optimizing plan design and pricing for a particular client.
- Create proposals for potential clients that place Chubb/Combined in the most favorable position to gain the business based upon Chubb’s/Combined’s guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with other functional areas with the onboarding of new group clients to insure an exceptional customer experience.
- Gather data on group clients and distribution partners to ensure underwriting offers are within compliance parameters.
- Participate and lead initiatives related to Group Underwriting continuous improvement and or support other Chubb/Combined Worksite functions.
- Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality and turnaround time.
- Handles complex cases within assigned authority limits.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point. Microsoft Access a plus.
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to make decisions in the absence of complete information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates solid negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to a changing environment
- 2-4 years of Group Benefits underwriting experience
- Solid knowledge of voluntary benefits products
- Bachelor’s degree
How to ApplyPlease submit your application on our company website. The direct link to the job posting can be found here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1714b95c-b0a7-4840-a5f0-92d65f3269a0&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_CA
17 total views, 1 today