Full-Time Group Benefits Insurance Underwriter – Mississauga
Insurance Career Network is a recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry. Our relationships, knowledge and leading experience enable us to connect leading insurers, brokerage firm and independent adjusting firms with the most talented candidates for each role
All inquiries are CONFIDENTIAL
Group Insurance Underwriter
Our client has been a leading provider of group benefits consulting for 40 years. With a focus on employee group benefits, they deliver proactive plan management strategies and innovative solutions to help organizations better manage their costs, while ensuring that the integrity of the benefit programs are maintained to meet the employees’ evolving needs. Due to growth they are currently looking to add a new member to their team!
- Understand the complexities of group benefits and the products available.
- Handling all aspects of a group insurance renewal, including analyzing the insurer’s proposed position and negotiating the best result available for each client.
- Handling all aspects of a marketing including preparation of specifications, responding to the market’s queries, summarization and comparison of all quotes received.
- If applicable, review the accuracy of refund-accounted or ASO financial reconciliations provided by insurer.
- Write comprehensive report (whether for renewal, marketing or financial reconciliation) including meaningful descriptions, analysis and recommendations.
- Calculate projected renewal rating (based on 9 months of experience) and write letter outlining the results, for clients’ budgeting purposes.
- Prepare pricing for plan design changes and illustrate the financial implications to client.
- Assist Account Executives with recommendations for improvements in plan designs and help to identify any areas of risk for the client.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Strong working mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be analytical and possess strong decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Results focused, pro-active and service-oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience as a Group Benefits Underwriter with a major Canadian insurer and/or a group benefits consulting firm is required.
- University or College degree.
- Excellent computer software usage skills, mainly with Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to ApplyI look forward to assisting you in your next career advancement Call Elaine at 416-703-5120 ext 204 or email Elaine@insurancecareernet.com Or reach out on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/elaine-kinsella-26a37523 When you work with Insurance Career Network, you are working with an entire team of Insurance Recruiters. Our team has the contacts to help you find your next great opportunity. We thank all applicants however only those being considered will be contacted.
52 total views, 8 today