|GISA Statistical Data Lead
On behalf of the General Insurance Statistical Agency (GISA), the Regulatory Coordination Branch of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario seeks a highly committed, innovative, motivated and results-oriented individual to assume a national role as Statistical Plan Lead of the GISA Secretariat.
What can I expect to do in this role?
This position will lead the planning and delivery of technical services/operations for the collection, analysis and reporting of insurance statistical data on behalf of insurance regulatory authorities across Canada.
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
Leadership/Project Management Experience:
– you can provide technical leadership for the planning and delivery of services on behalf of insurance regulatory/jurisdictional authorities;
– you can lead and manage large scale and multi-year GISA project initiatives.
– you have knowledge of data rationalization and harmonization theory, principles and methods to provide project leadership;
– you have knowledge of data management and statistical analysis/reporting technology systems and tools to provide leadership for the design, development and implementation of technology improvements;
– you have knowledge of the automobile insurance industry across Canada to provide technical leadership for the analysis of insurance data;
– you have excellent knowledge of mandate/policy direction of GISA.
Communication, Relationship Management Skills:
– you can draft reports, briefing notes and correspondence and advise and consult with senior management and other government jurisdictions;
– you can provide advice to committees and establish and maintain working relationships.
Analytical & Problem Solving Skills:
– you can conduct/lead research on national/regional statistical issues and develop solutions and provide advice;
– you can review/analyze statistical plan technology systems/methods and design, develop and implement technology improvements to increase efficiency;
– you can evaluate project and operational technical issues with considerations for implications to stakeholders.
Salary Range: $67,590 – $99,600 per year
• 1 Permanent, 5160 Yonge St, North York, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, February 23, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 89280 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us atwww.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.