Full-Time GISA Statistical Data Lead
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a member of the National Regulatory Coordination Branch, you will actively work with Secretariat Services in planning and delivering technical services/operations pertaining to the collection, analysis and reporting of insurance statistical data and financial information by the General Insurance Statistical Agency (GISA), which operates as a statistical agency on behalf of the insurance regulatory authorities of participating Canadian jurisdictions.
Duties will include:
- Working with GISA’s statistical service provider and other stakeholders regarding data requirements to meet the needs of regulators and industry.
- Acting as technical liaison between GISA’s statistical service provider and insurance regulatory authorities to ensure that GISA’s mandate, objectives and targets are met.
- Providing expertise and/or leadership in various project initiatives involving statistical data and financial information governance, including multi-year data rationalization and harmonization and strategic initiatives for consistent, reliable and accessible GISA data for users.
- Working on technology projects aimed at improving the quality, accuracy and reliability of GISA data and the delivery of statistical reports and exhibits.
- Researching national/regional statistical issues and developing bulletins, research reports, issues analysis documents, correspondence and special action items.
- Consulting with industry stakeholders, including officials/representatives of the insurance industry, actuaries, and other GISA stakeholders across Canada
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, the automobile insurance industry with a particular focus on data/management and statistical analysis/reporting and the development of improvements to data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of large scale statistical management operations, including knowledge of data rationalization and harmonization theory, principles and methods.
- Proven project management skills to plan, lead and manage large scale and multi-year projects.
- Proven research skills to lead research on issues, develop solutions and provide technical analyses.
- Skilled in the use of data management and statistical analysis/reporting technology systems and tools.
- Proven oral and written communication and presentation skills to prepare and present reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
- Proven stakeholder relationship management skills to lead external relations, consultations and working relationships.
Job Posting End Date: 03/03/2021
Job postings close at 11:59pm on the date noted.
Compensation Grade: Grade 06-AMAPCEO
Compensation Range: $73,402.00 – $108,164.00
Bargaining Unit: AMAPCEO
Job Code: Job Code: 6A008
Employment Type: Regular
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED
How to ApplyPlease apply: https://fsra.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FSRA_Careers/job/Toronto-ON/GISA-Statistical-Data-Lead_R000211
171 total views, 5 today