Full-Time Finance Manager
aha insurance is an omni-channel insurance brokerage that believes in changing the way Canadians experience insurance to fit the client’s needs. We believe in using technology to streamline the purchase process just as much as we believe in personable customer service over the phone. We’ve grown since launching in 2017, and we’re looking for professionals who want to improve the insurance experience as much as we do.
The Finance Manager under the direction of the President and CEO will have strong analytical thinking coupled with excellent communication skills to assist in driving the needs of the organization with respect to its financial integrity (e.g. planning and monitoring) as well as driving its financial evolution (e.g. process development and toolsets). The ability to understand and manage the multitude of insurance and corporate actions is an asset. The candidate must possess a strong understanding of the finance functions, specifically related to insurance. This role will also ensure our organization utilizes ethical accounting practices and standards.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To develop, optimize and manage:
- the process and reconciliation of daily corporate actions and ensure their accuracy
- Accounts Receivable and Collections cycle
- Maintain and balance the general ledger
- Ensure instructions for corporate actions are received and approved
- Work within a team and lend assistance as needed as workflows increase for other team members – specifically providing mentorship to junior staff and to work closely with operational team members for cross functional support
- Monitor accounts for past due and keep record of collections and status of accounts
- Review and analyze bad debt provision and recommend potential write-off accounts
- Facilitate audits to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing outcomes and activities
- Monthly cash flow forecasting and reconciliation
- Assist the business in the creation of annual budgets and forecasts as well as regular re-forecasting
- Investigate variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances
- Monitor applicable legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, and operations, and ensure compliance
- Assist in the creation and management of financial arrangements (e.g. financing tools such as debt or equity)
- Assist in the management of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. private equity and banking institutions)
Requirements – Qualities – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Current professional designation through a recognized governing body required
- Associate Degree in accounting
- The desire to learn about different types of corporate actions and how they work
- Minimum of 5 years in a P&C brokerage or insurer environment
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude
- Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the detail of a process. Ability to look at the overall process and explain it to others
- Time Management: Organization and prioritization of tasks, meeting deadlines and working to defined targets
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting
- Technical skills: The daily tasks will involve using several applications as well as the standard desktop tools
aha Insurance encourages innovation, promotes enthusiasm, offers a distinctive and progressive corporate culture and a safe and considerate working environment. aha offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits: including professional development, RRSP contribution and career advancement.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to ApplyPlease submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
91 total views, 6 today