|This position focuses on partnering with our broker/agent partners and Underwriting Leadership team to drive new business growth of medium to large complex farm and commercial accounts, and to assist in loss control of existing accounts. With a vest interest in continuous improvement, you will build relationships to assess risk, and share your knowledge and experience with our internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist brokers/agents in prospecting larger complicated risks, including the completion of evaluations on all buildings, liability assessments and rating of the prospective business, providing binding authority to brokers and agents,
- Assist brokerage/agency employees with underwriting more complex farm, residential and commercial business,
- Assess risk and communicate rates and conditions to brokers/agents,
- Provide field training to brokerage/agency employees and producers on more complex risk underwriting,
- Act as a technical specialist as required for training of The Commonwell employees and brokers; and
- Provide technical underwriting and Loss Control expertise to assist in development of underwriting guidelines for commercial, farm, and residential risks.
Necessary qualifications include:
- A minimum of 10 years experience with P&C insurance, specifically with farm and commercial underwriting,
- Effective communication, negotiation and sales acumen,
- Solid ability to communicate on all levels of the organization; including effective presentation skills and training experience,
- Expert knowledge in ITV tools including RCT, BVS, Douglas Cost Guide etc, as well as other tools utilized through the inspection process,
- Expert knowledge in understanding Underwriting principles of risk control, hazard identification and risk mitigation processes,
- Strong knowledge of reinsurance and rating principles,
- Understanding of building and construction for farm and commercial operations; and
- Post Secondary Education and/or completion of CIP/FCIP designation is an asset.
Visit thecommonwell.ca for a detailed role description. Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume by November 17, 2015 to:
Attention: Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted