Full-Time Field Claims Adjuster
Job ID: 7288
Working Business Language: English
At Wawanesa, we’re proud to offer a flexible hybrid work environment where our employees may have the flexibility to work from the office, hybrid or remote. This role requires you to be able to travel by ground in Red Deer, Alberta as much as necessary.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is one of Canada’s largest mutual insurers, with over $4 billion in annual revenue and assets of $12 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Canada. Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million members in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy. Learn more at wawanesa.com.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
The Field Claims Adjuster, Property contributes to Wawanesa’s goals of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of moderate to high complexity property claims. This role is responsible for applying and explaining policy coverages and documenting claim files. The role is accountable for providing timely service and prompt management of your claims from initial report to conclusion. Daily travel is required.
- Provide direction and support to our members, throughout the claims process, by providing exceptional service delivered with empathy.
- Ensure timely and proactive communication, through voice to voice, digital and written correspondence, ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Adjustment of property claims of moderate complexity.
- Review and interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage, and communicate coverage decisions to members.
- Establish timely and accurate loss and expense reserves through the life of the claim through evaluation and reconciliation of relevant information from sources such as appraisers, independent adjusters, and contractors.
- Ensure a comprehensive investigation is conducted on all files to determine coverages and liability, while adhering to Wawanesa’s adjusting guidelines, and recognizing when to engage appropriate internal and external resources. Collect evidence to support recovery efforts.
- Coordinate and manage services with vendors and service providers such as appraisers, independent adjusters, and contractors.
- Negotiating and conveying claim settlements within authority limits. Communicating claim decisions promptly and effectively, while still delivering an exceptional member experience.
- Maintain an effective and current diary system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Demonstrating and maintaining excellent knowledge and understanding of policy coverages, while complying with regional regulatory and licensing requirements (as applicable). Remaining current with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry.
- Understanding of Provincial and National Building Codes along with a solid understanding of residential and commercial construction terminology, techniques, and best practices.
- Demonstrating developing to proficient skills to review repair estimates, create narrative scopes and generate intermediate to senior level estimates using an estimating software system.
- Provide ongoing technical advice, guidance, peer coaching and mentoring to claims staff.
- Working in partnership with other claims staff in both an individual and team-oriented capacity including the handling of both task based and full handle files. Support CAT plan as necessary, including potentially assisting on claims outside of your service area.
- Exceptional customer service skills demonstrating empathy and concern for member satisfaction.
- Ability to perform physical demands and requirements of the job, which may include climbing roofs; crawling into small spaces; carrying up to 50 pounds; working alone; working outside in all weather; driving for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with a flexible work schedule including regular travel, which may include the need to work outside regular business hours.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record.
- 2+ years insurance adjusting or equivalent experience.
- Post-secondary degree is preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), or working towards designation and where required, dedicated to reach the proper licensing requirements.
- Strong knowledge of property estimating software, Xactware knowledge preferred. Ability to interpret and quantify property damage estimates.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, written, and spoken.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them. Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy regarding data entry.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent negotiation, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with others.
Wawanesa is proud to be one of Manitoba’s Top Employers for 2023 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work!
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.
169 total views, 1 today