Full-Time Farm Underwriting Manager
LOCATION: Altona or Winnipeg, MB
SCHEDULE: Full Time
REPORTS TO: VP of Underwriting
DIRECT REPORTS: Farm Underwriters, Farm Underwriting Specialist
We are a progressive property & casualty insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Farm Lines Manager is responsible for the development, growth and profitability of the farms line of business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Manage the farm line as a portfolio, balancing growth and profit, working closely with Loss Prevention manager and other stakeholders on risk selection.
- Influence the development and deployment of new products or enhancement of existing products.
- Continuous learning and sharing of current market trends, industry developments and competitive environment.
- Support and resource for project plans for farm team.
- Cultivate relationships between underwriters and brokers.
- Create operational efficiencies while maintaining high quality underwriting standards.
- Determine and manage farm lines budget.
- Support development of training, tools, guides and other resources and information for brokers and staff.
- Analyze, evaluate and report on all farm lines activity and results.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners such as reinsurance providers and other vendors.
- Work cross-functionally within Red River Mutual departments (marketing, human resources, business development, claims etc.).
- Attend industry, broker and corporate events.
- Lead the farm underwriting teams.
- To motivate, coach and hold accountable staff under your direction in the business.
- Administer timely performance reviews, assessing needs for education, rewards and setting direction.
- Embody and influence the organization to have the following leadership competencies:
|Work collaboratively with colleagues, actively contributes to task teams. Gather input, genuinely value others’ ideas and expertise; willing to learn from others. Support and act in accordance to group decision. Work with others to resolve conflicts, by using problem solving and communication competencies.|
|Strong Communication Skills/Interpersonal skills||Speak and write clearly and effectively. Listen to others, asks questions to clarify and demonstrates skills in dialogue. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.|
|Emotional Intelligence||Understand the non-verbal cues during an interaction, and adjust communications accordingly.|
|Respect Diversity||Understand it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed. We encourage healthy debate and differences of opinion.|
|Nurtures growth||Committed to ongoing improvement of your own skills as well as your employees. Look for opportunities to coach/mentor your employees to produce the leaders of tomorrow.|
|Decision Making/Problem Solving/Critical Thinking||Identifies key issues in complex situations, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant info, consider impact, makes decision and propose course of action. Drive business results by using sound critical thinking skills and initiative to make it happen.|
|Motivate and Inspire People||Inspire and motivate others to be empowered by providing constructive feedback and mentorship, delegate’s responsibility, clarifies expectations, provides information, reviews work and provides feedback. Shows appreciation for effort and achievement. Give autonomy in important areas of their work and involves them when making decisions that affect them.|
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Proven leadership, team work and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Planning, analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt and innovate
- Effective negotiating, judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to work productively in a high stress environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Degree in business, or relevant field
- CIP designation or currently working towards and/or equivalent qualification
- Experience in all aspects of farm and/or commercial underwriting
- Minimum of 2 years of people leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical underwriting
- Previous experience in the agricultural sector considered an asset
- Product and industry knowledge
- Some travel will be required (less than 25%)
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://redrivermutual.com/about-us/careers/
103 total views, 4 today